Welcome to Maple Class! - 15.9.17

It's been a busy first couple of weeks in Maple Class and we've all settled in really well.


Yesterday we went on a school trip to Knebworth House because our topic is called Once Upon A Time. What was your favourite part?
Ramsey and Caitlin – My favourite part was looking at the big dinosaurs
Lucy – I liked the Three Little Pig’s huts. We huffed and puffed but we couldn’t blow them down.
Sam – My favourite part of the story trial was when we stomped over the Three Billy Goats Gruff bridge.



Well done to everyone for representing our school so well on the visit - the adults are very proud!
In English, we wrote recounts of our trip using time connectives.
In Maths this week we have been using our double facts to solve near doubles. Eden said ‘If I know double 4 = 8, I can use that fact to solve 4+ 3 because it’s just one less’.


On Monday, we started learning Spanish with Mrs Couch. We're looking forward to learning lots of new words and phrases.


Well done to Ramsey who is Star of the Week for always following the class rules and being ready to learn. Ciara is spending the weekend for Night for taking ownership over her learning and doing some brilliant independent writing.




Comments

  1. Last week we went to knebworth house
    Rio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you Mrs forrester Kaspar

    ReplyDelete
  3. we went to nebweth hows. We went to the dinasors.
    Myles and Leo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite part of the school trip is the advencher play ground my favourite part of the play ground is the recing ball to get down of the forts.
    max

    ReplyDelete
  5. School is the best.
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite part of the trip was the three little pigs
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite part of the trip is the maze because we got lost.
    ciara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved playing in the fort because it is so big.Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked playing on the swings and going really high.
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  10. My faverit part of the school trip was the Dinosores.

    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  11. fanc you for helping us learning RIO

    ReplyDelete
  12. In English we have been leaning about Rapunzel our favourite bit was the puppets.

    Sam and Eden

    ReplyDelete
  13. So far year 2 has been very good.

    Luca and Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last week in math we done doubles kaspar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me And Eisha likt the scechin on the scholl trip.

    Kaitlyn and Eisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the adventure playground GG

    ReplyDelete
  17. School is very very good. Ramsey

    ReplyDelete
  18. In English we learnt about Rapunzel

    Rafferty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Last week we went to knebworth house and if was a lovely day Kaspar

    ReplyDelete
  20. why did we learn about rapunzle this week not the little red hen? I like you mrs forester. I like maths and English and dt and topic. what will we learn next week? I love are topic this term. what topic will we have next term? I loved it when we went went knebworth hoys my favourite bit was the dinosours.where will we go on are next school trip?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bonfire Night - 3.11.17

NSPCC Number Day - 2.2.18